Walmart.com: Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Silver Edition Graphics Calculator

aaemail

LOL! They are horrible - a rip off - the only useful thing they do is make TI a bunch of money and give Algebra instructors a course section. How many times do regular people/students graph Algebraic equations, etc. outside a math class (or need to)? For 95% or more a standard calculator is just fine. And cost 90% less! :wavey:

Last edited:

t♂ph

The Dreamer
LOL! They are horrible - a rip off - the only useful thing they do is make TI a bunch of money and give Algebra instructors a course section. How many times do regular people/students graph Algebraic equations, etc. outside a math class (or need to)? For 95% or more a standard calculator is just fine. And cost 90% less! :wavey:

i agree

happyasaclam

i've taken math classes up to calculus, chemistry, physics, and statistics. these calculators are wonderful, and simple to use since pretty much everyone else in the class + the teacher has the same model. I do think that ~$100 for this calculator is more than it's worth, tho. Maybe $50, but $100 is too high. actually, I think my TI-84+ is the most expensive thing i own. :hs:

kresin

Texas Bounty Hunter
Neither was I, Toph. However, these calculators are required in high school math classes for both of my teenagers. (There are a few calculators in each class that students can borrow but it's difficult to to get your homework done since you can't take them home.)

register to remove this ad: