$2 Amazon Instant Video Credit--Expires Oct. 31

laurelnev

Tweet for a $2 credit. Copying my generated tweet here, so you all can see what is tweeted and get the link:

I just got a $2 credit from @amazon_studios for movies + TV shows @amazonvideo. Click http://amazon.com/studios2u to get yours #studios2u

This weekend's sale movies:
Rent Halloween, The Witches, Alien, and Stake Land for $1.99 through October 25th.

laurelnev

FYI-- If you got the last $2 credit (which IIRC expires today) your account will show a $4 video credit. But if you use it on a $3.99 movie, it will only deduct $2 from the cost, rather than giving it to you free. It MAY be in the fine print somewhere it's $2 off a movie of X or higher. (It has in the past.)

Kay

Worker Bee
Dang... First, thanks Laurel! Second: where does it list credits like this? It said I got it but I have no idea if I have others, etc, and I don't want A taking my regular gift card to pay for a movie rental. Thanks again!

laurelnev

Okay...this is how I ALWAYS do it:
1. Go to Amazon.com--either the Instant Video Store, or the MP3 store
2. Select a video or MP3
3. Look for where it says "Have a Promotion Code"? (in the middle under the 1st box or under the click to buy button, usually"
4. Next to that, there is a link to check your balance. Click that link. It will show your credit in each of 6 categories (i.e. Gift Card, MP3, video, apps, etc.)

I know Chris has posted another "check your balance" link in the past, but the above is A LOT easier for me to remember, so it's how I always do it. You can see how your gift card balances have been applied under "My Account". It will itemize exactly what has been deducted for what. (For example, turned my $50 camel win into an Amazon GC. Under my account, it shows $4 for a cable, $20 for some grocery items, etc.)

I rented Dark Shadows last night. My credit balance under Instant Video showed $4, but only $2 was applied to my rental. THe other $2 balance still shows.

Not sure how to check expiration dates. I can tell you this, though, If they apply the wrong balance, just contact them, and they will correct it. Had that happen to me during the Mp3 for a nickle promo. They deducted the full cost of the Mp3 from my Mp3 balance. I asked them to deduct the nickel from my GC balance, and refund the other 1.24 to my MP3 balance, and they did. So it always pays to check your balances before purchase, then check your e-mailed receipt to see if the balance was properly deducted.

Hope that helps!

billidaunsb

Okay...this is how I ALWAYS do it:
1. Go to Amazon.com--either the Instant Video Store, or the MP3 store
2. Select a video or MP3
3. Look for where it says "Have a Promotion Code"? (in the middle under the 1st box or under the click to buy button, usually"
4. Next to that, there is a link to check your balance. Click that link. It will show your credit in each of 6 categories (i.e. Gift Card, MP3, video, apps, etc.)

I know Chris has posted another "check your balance" link in the past, but the above is A LOT easier for me to remember, so it's how I always do it. You can see how your gift card balances have been applied under "My Account". It will itemize exactly what has been deducted for what. (For example, turned my $50 camel win into an Amazon GC. Under my account, it shows $4 for a cable, $20 for some grocery items, etc.)

I rented Dark Shadows last night. My credit balance under Instant Video showed $4, but only $2 was applied to my rental. THe other $2 balance still shows.

Not sure how to check expiration dates. I can tell you this, though, If they apply the wrong balance, just contact them, and they will correct it. Had that happen to me during the Mp3 for a nickle promo. They deducted the full cost of the Mp3 from my Mp3 balance. I asked them to deduct the nickel from my GC balance, and refund the other 1.24 to my MP3 balance, and they did. So it always pays to check your balances before purchase, then check your e-mailed receipt to see if the balance was properly deducted.

Hope that helps!

Helps soooo much THANK YOU!!!! :bowrofl:
That will be very easy for me....I search all the deal sites every day anyway (like sweetjack, elite deals, 1saleaday....etc)

D'Aun

Kay

Worker Bee
Thanks Laurel.:bigthumb: I'll give it a go.

Not such a big deal today since I ordered myself Kindle Fire last night and now there's ~20 bucks in my account. :h: Every time I'd get enough to cover it, someone (husband) would think of something he had to have since I had the credit. I'd then rebuild and it would be gone again. Fixed that! :kekeke: I have a touch and love it. Looking forward to a new toy that works for different "stuff". AND: It helped a really crappy week to buy it. ;)

laurelnev

Okay guys, great deal alert.

Today, I rented The Nightmare Before Christmas, which happens to be on sale for .99 (in part, to use up this credit before it expires Wed.) Just got an e-mail that this rental entitled me to a $1 MP3 credit. Checked, and I did indeed get a $1 Mp3 credit.

So to sum, used $.99 worth of free credits to rent a movie, and got back $1.00 in MP3 credit.

An FYI here--you have 30 days to begin your 48 hour viewing period when you rent from Amazon. So rather than letting this credit expire on Wed, you may want to actually rent something while you can. If you're not going to use it at all, go ahead and rent Nightmare Before Christmas--you'll at least convert it to a MP3 credit that way. :)

register to remove this ad: