Continental Chase credit card 50,000 bonus miles

chris

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/products/chase/continental.aspx?&offer=OPP50
• 50,000 bonus miles after your first purchase

• First checked bag free every time you fly when you purchase your tickets with your Card for flights operated by Continental only (a savings of up to $50 per round trip)

• Two miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased directly from Continental, and one mile per $1 spent on all other purchases

• Two Presidents Club® passes ($100 value) every Cardmember anniversary

• Redeem miles for car rentals and hotel rewards in addition to flights — a Cardmember exclusive

afan

Curious with their merger with United if all of this will stay the same. United only gives 30,000 for their card. I'm going to have to look into the difference and see what will remain because this is a better deal than the United I was looking at.

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Curious with their merger with United if all of this will stay the same. United only gives 30,000 for their card. I'm going to have to look into the difference and see what will remain because this is a better deal than the United I was looking at.

Continental and United are merging their miles on Dec 31, 2011.
"On Dec. 31, 2011, elite miles and elite points earned in 2011 will be combined and count toward your 2012 elite status in the new program. For example: if you have 45,000 EQMs with OnePass and 10,000 EQM with Mileage Plus, your balance on Dec. 31 will be 55,000 EQM."

chris

Administrator
Staff member

Sometime last year I got 50k by getting a chase united card. No fees for the first year, Ill probably cancel it before the year is up

t♂ph

The Dreamer
Sometime last year I got 50k by getting a chase united card. No fees for the first year, Ill probably cancel it before the year is up
i dont recommend doing that. well not unless a person really has a good credit report and can take such a huge hit. I have read that you wont get the "Two Presidents Club® passes ($100 value) every Cardmember anniversary" if you cancel before the anniversary.. just some things to think about..

afan

Thanks for the info on both. Maybe since I'm already a milelage member they don't like me enough for more than 30. I want to get rid of my Alaska Air mile card and replace it with United since I fly them or US Air most of the time and they are in the same alliance.

webhunting.info

i have some chase cards but i doubt they'll give me another one. they won't even let me do a balance transfer. :uh: one of the guys did a deal with american. he got a free flight to south america and has miles left over. but he had to run a ton of charges through the card. us airways has a deal on miles as well. 30k, i think.

chris

Administrator
Staff member
i dont recommend doing that. well not unless a person really has a good credit report and can take such a huge hit. I have read that you wont get the "Two Presidents Club® passes ($100 value) every Cardmember anniversary" if you cancel before the anniversary.. just some things to think about..
yea if I do it I'll do it at a time where the small ding to my credit won't matter. I definitely wouldnt recommend signing up for tons of credit card offers either. I used my miles to travel for a wedding last fall :wiggle:

t♂ph

The Dreamer
yea if I do it I'll do it at a time where the small ding to my credit won't matter. I definitely wouldnt recommend signing up for tons of credit card offers either. I used my miles to travel for a wedding last fall :wiggle:

yikes. i wish i can use these miles for international roundtrip tickets..i havent been "home" for 2+ years..

chris

Administrator
Staff member
yikes. i wish i can use these miles for international roundtrip tickets..i havent been "home" for 2+ years..

yeah it's uses a ton of miles to go international, and the choices for tickets are usually quite slim. Where is "home" btw?

LRae17

Just wondering if anyone thinks this is really worth it, especially if you generally try to stay away from credit cards? I do fly from time to time so wondering if it could really be helpful. Also, excuse my ignorance, but what about canceling a credit card dings your credit? Does it always? Thanks.

register to remove this ad: