Settlement for an M3Power razor

annaisabanana08

You can elect to receive a new razor, a rebate, or a refund. One per person, three per household.

http://m3powersettlement.com/pdfs/ClaimForm.pdf

http://m3powersettlement.com/

To submit a refund, you must send them the razor with the form.
The refund is $13 U.S. or $16.25 Canadian.
OPTIONAL: To claim a higher refund, you
MUST ALSO submit a receipt for the M3Power
Razor showing that the price paid was more
than $13 US or $16.25 Canadian.

To get a rebate, you must send them the UPC and you can get two rebates if you have two UPCs.
The rebates are $5 U.S. each, or the
equivalent in Canadian dollars, on purchase(s)
of M3Power blades and/or Fusion or Fusion
ProGlide razors (manual or battery powered).
You MUST enclose the UPC code or a
receipt for each purchase to claim a rebate.
You cannot receive two rebates on the
purchase of a single item.

To get a replacement razor, you just have to check the box and send in the form!

You have to sign the form under where it says "I DECLARE UNDER PENALTIES OF PERJURY THAT THE ABOVE IS TRUE AND CORRECT."

So it's for people that purchased this Gillette M3Power razor between MAY 1, 2004 AND SEPTEMBER 30, 2005 in the US and between MAY 1, 2004 AND OCTOBER 31, 2005 for Canada.

The lawsuit challenges the accuracy of Gillette’s advertisements for the M3Power Razor. Plaintiffs claim Gillette’s advertisements that the M3Power Razor “raises or stimulates hair up and away from the skin” were false and misleading and violated consumer-related laws in the USA and Canada. In mid-2005, Gillette deleted those representations from its ads. Gillette denies all the allegations but has agreed to the proposed settlement to resolve this class action.

The proposed settlement offers benefits (including cash refunds, cash rebates, or a new Gillette manual men’s razor) to persons in the United States or Canada who purchased or otherwise acquired for use and not resale an M3Power Razor in the United States between May 1, 2004 and September 30, 2005, or in Canada between May 1, 2004 and October 31, 2005, and who submit valid and timely claims.

Last edited:

annaisabanana08

To submit a refund, you must send them the razor with the form.
The refund is $13 U.S. or $16.25 Canadian.
OPTIONAL: To claim a higher refund, you
MUST ALSO submit a receipt for the M3Power
Razor showing that the price paid was more
than $13 US or $16.25 Canadian.

To get a rebate, you must send them the UPC and you can get two rebates if you have two UPCs.
ProGlide razors (manual or battery powered).

To get a replacement razor, you just have to check the box and send in the form!

You have to sign the form under where it says "I DECLARE UNDER PENALTIES OF PERJURY THAT THE ABOVE IS TRUE AND CORRECT."

So it's for people that purchased this Gillette M3Power razor between MAY 1, 2004 AND SEPTEMBER 30, 2005 in the US and between MAY 1, 2004 AND OCTOBER 31, 2005 for Canada.

The lawsuit challenges the accuracy of Gillette’s advertisements for the M3Power Razor. Plaintiffs claim Gillette’s advertisements that the M3Power Razor “raises or stimulates hair up and away from the skin” were false and misleading and violated consumer-related laws in the USA and Canada. In mid-2005, Gillette deleted those representations from its ads. Gillette denies all the allegations but has agreed to the proposed settlement to resolve this class action.

The proposed settlement offers benefits (including cash refunds, cash rebates, or a new Gillette manual men’s razor) to persons in the United States or Canada who purchased or otherwise acquired for use and not resale an M3Power Razor in the United States between May 1, 2004 and September 30, 2005, or in Canada between May 1, 2004 and October 31, 2005, and who submit valid and timely claims.

Suellen

The Church Lady
Basically if you don't save reciepts and upcs from 5 or 6 years ago, just check the place where you ask for a new razor and send it in. You will get a new razor.

t♂ph

The Dreamer
thanks anna!

what does this mean?

t♂ph

The Dreamer
Basically if you don't save reciepts and upcs from 5 or 6 years ago, just check the place where you ask for a new razor and send it in. You will get a new razor.

awesome.. i posted the link in the off topic but didnt really read the claim form in its entirety. :rofl:

:bigthumb:

Suellen

The Church Lady
so if i have 2 Gillette Fusion UPC of the same kind im good :)

I don't think so, these are from a razor from 5-6 years ago. Read what kind it is in the link, but I don't think it is the fusion. I think all we can get is a new razor.

t♂ph

The Dreamer
I don't think so, these are from a razor from 5-6 years ago. Read what kind it is in the link, but I don't think it is the fusion. I think all we can get is a new razor.

this confuses me..

ProGlide razors (manual or battery powered)

I dont want a new Fusion razor :rofl:

annaisabanana08

this confuses me..

The rebates are $5 u.s. Each, or the
equivalent in canadian dollars, on purchase(s)
of m3power blades and/or fusion or fusion
proglide razors (manual or battery powered)
You must enclose the upc code or a

I dont want a new fusion razor :rofl:

lol

annaisabanana08

In the description of the rebates, I think you can since it mentions Fusion ProGlide razors, and I know a lot of people got those for free in that horribly run promotion.

helobuff

Gillette fusion is not a power razor.. nor is the proglide.. just the gillette power, but if I remember the advertisements from back then, they all claimed that all these razors raised the hair up and away from the face, making it easier to remove. This is the basis for the lawsuit that this claim was wrong, so if they are listed in the form, they must be part of the claim under the general name of Gillette power razor.

helobuff

I have bought all these for my hubby, but who keeps UPC codes for years? He goes thru lots of razors.. always wanting the latest inovation from gillette be it the blades or the razors. He has like 12 of these things. Best we can get out of this is another razor!

register to remove this ad: