Possible Free Netgear WNR3500L router

Discussion in 'Free Stuff' started by chris, Feb 14, 2011.

1. douglasc727

douglasc727 Member

UPS just dropped off my router.thank you for the post

2. douglasc727

douglasc727 Member

just got the router today.after reading this i am having "big brother is watching" conspiracy thoughts.yes...i am paranoid LOL

3. willow01

willow01 New Member

Of course you could get rid of that big brother feeling and install a different firmware on that router. I'm not saying that's the best idea as it would break the TOS with SK, just throwing that out there for you.

4. MaehENang

MaehENang New Member

I think I read in the FAQ's that we have to keep in connected for 3 yrs. :dunno::eek3:

5. MaehENang

MaehENang New Member

keep it**:kekeke:

6. chrisman

chrisman New Member

got this today...comes in 4 days for me!

Thank you for volunteering to participate in the SamKnows Broadband Performance Measurement Study, in association with the FCC.

You can track delivery of your White box via UPS with the following tracking number: ------------------.

We've done our best to make sure the installation instructions (http://fcc.samknows.com/install) are as simple and straightforward as possible, and also have a list of FAQs to assist you (http://fcc.samknows.com/faq.html), but if you have any questions about set-up, please do not hesitate to email us at community@samknows.com.

After your unit has been connected, we will send you an email with your reporting URL and login details within 24 hours. If you do not receive this email, please contact us at community@samknows.com.

Thanks again for volunteering, and for helping us to establish greater transparency in the American broadband market.

Kind regards,
    Sam.

7. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

nice! :bowdown:

8. rocksprite

rocksprite Member

What is a router and how does it help your computer? Do all computers need or have a router? Thanks for answering!

9. chrisman

chrisman New Member

A router is for wireless Internet (wifi). It is the thing that broadcasts the signal so you can work on the internet without having to be hardwired into an Internet source....it other words it makes it so you can go across your house and be able to send an email and not have to drag behind you a super duper long Internet data cable

Hope Tht helps

10. Kristin

Kristin Witty Wonderwoman

I got the router confirmation too and it is en-route :bowdown:

11. sunedaz77

sunedaz77 New Member

Received my router and I am a little disappointed. It is not wireless and it hooks up inline with the internet equipment you already have. Good thing the data will help out the FCC.

12. willow01

willow01 New Member

What model is it? It should be wireless. Just remember not all router have antennas.

13. chris

you didnt get the n300? This person did, it should have wireless n, which wont work with wireless g cards. Maybe thats the issue you're having?
    http://www.freestufftimes.com/whati...-contour-usb-meter-and-mead-research-builder/

14. sunedaz77

sunedaz77 New Member

It is a N300 Wireless Router, but my PC needs a card to be wireless.

15. chris

yea you'll have to pick up a wireless N card. How do you normally connect that PC to the internet though? It's a gigabit router so if its near your PC you're much better off just using an ethernet cable

16. sunedaz77

sunedaz77 New Member

Just a ethernet cable. Will anyone else be able to pickup my service though? Thanks

17. chris

You can go into your router settings and turn wireless off, or you can set it so the encryption is on

18. therian42

therian42 New Member

i am still waiting for mine

19. therian42

therian42 New Member

not to mention the google pc laptop

20. chrisman

chrisman New Member

Mine comes tuesday!!!