Jennie-O $5 MIR Form ends 5/31/10

Sandy

i thought of you when i posted. :kekeke: i'm not sure i will like this stuff but i'll give it a try!

My family loves turkey! I bought turkey breasts at Thanksgiving with my $5 coupons I got from Biggest Loser. I think I will get the turkey breast slices this time. They make for a quick dinner.

getitfree

I don't think their Turkey is different than any other kind. I have bought their turkey before.

I used to live near one of their plants.. I do know that they don't pay their employees hardly anything.. like 7 something an hour to start.

riverbrat21

I just tried Jennie-O ground turkey for the first time a few weeks ago and I absolutely loved it!! I made tacos with it and I'll never make ground beef tacos again!

Sandy

Oh...I decided to get the ground turkey instead of the turkey tenderloins because it was on sale. I got 2 20-ounce packages for $2 after the MIR. Yay! I don't use ground meat of any kind much so, I will have to check out some recipes. Any suggestions ladies?

Kay

Worker Bee
HEADS UP if you live near an Albertsons and haven't used your rebate yet: Starting tomorrow (here in OR at least) Albertsons is having a BOGO on Jennie-O ground white turkey. The ad says save 6.99 -- so I'm assuming that's the cost. Pay 6.99. Send for the 5.00 rebate and two packages are two bucks (Just like Sandy's post above.) Plus: they are the 20 ounce packages. In my house (just 2 of us) that's 4 meals for 2 bucks and a stamp. Not too shabby!

webhunting.info

HEADS UP if you live near an Albertsons and haven't used your rebate yet: Starting tomorrow (here in OR at least) Albertsons is having a BOGO on Jennie-O ground white turkey. The ad says save 6.99 -- so I'm assuming that's the cost. Pay 6.99. Send for the 5.00 rebate and two packages are two bucks (Just like Sandy's post above.) Plus: they are the 20 ounce packages. In my house (just 2 of us) that's 4 meals for 2 bucks and a stamp. Not too shabby!

thanks kay!! i forgot about this one. and after reading riverbrat's post i really am excited! yeah, i think it'll be $6.99 too. that's usually how their ads go.

Kay

Worker Bee
We make chili with it. Make sure you add lots of flavor to the meat as it can be bland. Also: it's more "solid" than I first expected -- so it doesn't disappear into the chili. (which is a good thing in my book)

CandyToo

Observant Member
Hey, if you have any good recipes for ground turkey, let me know!
Meatloaf

1 lb ground turkey
1 small can tomato sauce
1/3 cup oats
1 egg
some chopped onion, bell pepper
salt and pepper

put in a loaf pan and bake for an hour - hour and 15 minutes at 350. It will be pink compared to ground beef, but it is delicious!

register to remove this ad: