Free fine gift soap samples

sondra1616

Dear Friend,
Thank you for submitting your request for free samples from Fine Gift Soaps. Our free sample offer was picked up by several unaffiliated web sites and distributed without our consent. As a result, we received an overwhelming number of requests that quickly outnumbered the free samples we had available to give.

I am very disappointed that we can't send a free sample to everyone who submitted a request, and I am deeply sorry if we've let you down. I would like to make it up to you with this very special offer:

Oh well u win some u lose some, did have a coupon code though!

laurelnev

I'm sorry, and I may be in the minority here, but I really think responses like these are ways to circumvent "opt-in" requirements for e-mail lists, under both US law and that of a lot of European countries.

If they have a limited supply, they need to say so in their advertisement. If they do not want an offer to be linked to, they need to state that on their offer page. Instead, the way I see it, we are forming a contract. We are agreeing to receive their electronic solicitations in exchange for a free sample. How many places fail to fulfill their side of the bargain, yet continue to inundate us with their marketing e-mails until we opt out? I'd be fine with no sample, no further e-mails. I'd be fine if they advertised a free sample "contest" in exchange for reading their e-mails. I'm not happy with "sorry, we ran out," when no limits were noted in the initial ad.

Instead, their marketing has actually back-fired in my eyes. When I get one of these "too bad so sad" e-mails, I resolve never to do business with that company again. Dingo Bones lost a loyal customer for that very reason.

A coupon code is a "bait and switch", IMO. They promised me a sample in exchange for receiving their marketing materials. A coupon code for something I've never tried is just not the same.

(rant off.)

register to remove this ad: