Free Duck/Foie Gras/Mousse of Foie Gras/Duck Confit at Gilt

urabewe

Just thought I would post this, don't think anyone else has.

If you got the $20 Gilt credit from this post:
http://www.freestufftimes.com/10/free-20-gilt-groupe-credit/

Then you can get one of those items for free. You can get them for free if you invited 10 people and got the free shipping voucher.

I haven't looked at every sale so there could be more, I just thought this was pretty interesting.

http://www.gilt.com/sale/home/hudson-valley-fo

Looks like they have black mousse and truffels for $20 as well.

EDIT: Just noticed, there is a delivery charge in addition to the shipping charge. So items $16 and less will be free, $18 would cost $1.95 and $20 would be $3.95 sorry about that. Still I got the Moulard Duck Breast which is 1lbs for free.

Last edited:

laurelnev

Thanks!

Thanks. With my credit I got a duck for like $2. I LOVE duck, but can't usually afford it. If it comes when they say, I may have a different type of bird for thanksgiving this year.

urabewe

Awesome, I was thinking about getting either the duck or the foie gras. I don't know how much I trust mail order foie gras though.... a duck is a different story.

aaemail

Thanks for posting this. :h5:
Received the free duck today 11/19/10 - have never eatten duck before, so we'll see if I can bring myself to eat it or not. This came packaged very nicely and was shipped UPS NDA in a styrofoam cooler wrapped between two icepacks that were still frozen! I was impressed - in the past I've not done well with food shipments (gotten hard unriped pears and a spoiled ham from Harry and David and a cheesecake in bad shape from 1800Flowers).

Last edited:

Kamaree

Received my Whole roasted Lola duck today.. Not sure if I will be eating it (Never had duck before) but I'm sure hubby will. Like Aaemail said, it was packed very well, the ice packs were still completely frozen.

CareBear101

Generous Member
Received my Whole roasted Lola duck today.. Not sure if I will be eating it (Never had duck before) but I'm sure hubby will. Like Aaemail said, it was packed very well, the ice packs were still completely frozen.

What day did you order? Did you get a shipping confirmation? I have not received mine yet, but I hope it gets here soon, I love duck.

Kamaree

What day did you order? Did you get a shipping confirmation? I have not received mine yet, but I hope it gets here soon, I love duck.

I ordered on the 15th, never did receive a shipping confirmation. I wasn't expecting it until the 22nd from what the site said. So, I was shocked when it came so soon.

CareBear101

Generous Member
I ordered on the 15th, never did receive a shipping confirmation. I wasn't expecting it until the 22nd from what the site said. So, I was shocked when it came so soon.

That's great. I ordered on the 15th too, and mine says the 22nd-24th too. I hope mine comes today. :yum: Thanks for answering. :kiss:

jenarch

I ordered the foie gras and 2 orders of the 2pc. duck confit. My boyfriend is a chef and he said that this brand is the highest quality in the country! We never got a shipping notice for both orders but they arrived quickly after they were ordered.

The foie was so amazing-the confit-perfect! We had foie gras at Alan Wong's in Hawaii during a recent trip and it was a $20 appetizer for about the size of 1 medallion from my order (4 medallions in 1 package).

Our favorite way to eat the foie gras is to sear it quickly on both sides (don't want too cook it too long because it will literally melt away), and spread it on a fine french baguette. Best freebie ever!

attboone

If you got the $20 Gilt credit from this post:
http://www.freestufftimes.com/10/free-20-gilt-groupe-credit/

Then you can get one of those items for free. You can get them for free if you invited 10 people and got the free shipping voucher.

How did you get both the $20 and free ship? If I login after getting the credit they offer $25 after friends order for 10 emails. If I login an account without the $20 credit it's free shipping for 10 emails.

t♂ph

The Dreamer
I ordered the foie gras and 2 orders of the 2pc. duck confit. My boyfriend is a chef and he said that this brand is the highest quality in the country! We never got a shipping notice for both orders but they arrived quickly after they were ordered.

The foie was so amazing-the confit-perfect! We had foie gras at Alan Wong's in Hawaii during a recent trip and it was a $20 appetizer for about the size of 1 medallion from my order (4 medallions in 1 package).

Our favorite way to eat the foie gras is to sear it quickly on both sides (don't want too cook it too long because it will literally melt away), and spread it on a fine french baguette. Best freebie ever!

welcome to FST:h5:

register to remove this ad: