Free $10 Newport News Merchandise Certificate

Discussion in 'Free Stuff' started by sunedaz77, Aug 20, 2009.

1. sunedaz77

sunedaz77 New Member

I do not work for them and it is a shame that a company uses bad business practice!

2. slb8931

slb8931 New Member

They refunded both my sisters 10.00 and mine, no problem. It took about 5 days.

3. MyEmptyCanvas

MyEmptyCanvas Queen of Freebies

Got the green swim bottoms today. I used a freebie prepaid with like $3 on it, so no extra charges. If they took that then that's fine LoL. I'll put them in a gift bag....

4. Texastweetrr

Texastweetrr New Member

I received something in the mail from them today saying I owe a balance of $10. I e-mailed them and will call later but isn't this amazing after all I went thru to get the $10 back. I will never, ever order from this company again and will be sure to pass it on. They for sure don't have it together.

I called them and this is what they said...........
    I contacted my credit card company, so they got $10 back and while they were doing that Newport refunded $10 so now I owe them. Now I have to verify this to see if it is true but that is what they said. So if anyone else did it the way I did, you might be in the same boat.
    Good Luck.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  5. Kristina

Kristina New Member

OMG that is horrible. :mad:

6. go_go_girl112586

go_go_girl112586 New Member

wow you all got screwed too?? i thought it was just me. they charged my CC $8.xx

7. dawn408

dawn408 New Member

I just got my bill from them today. I called and the operator got all snotty with me about it. I told them it was there problem that they chose not to honor the $10 off offer but sent the panties anyway and then decided to send me a bill for it a month later. I offered to just return the panties but they won't accept a return of used panties. I only owe $8 but I'm not going to pay it because this mess is their problem.

8. MD MOMMY

MD MOMMY New Member

I contacted the BBB, I got a collection bill from them yesterday and I've never ever received anything..this is 3 months later. I contacted Newport News on Friday and was told I'll get an email as to their decision..yeah right.

9. dawn408

dawn408 New Member

They pulled that trick on me too. They waited till I had the merchandise(panties) for awhile then sent a bill but they also refused to let me return the panties since I had had them awhile. They had me wait for a decision too which was that they still were going to bill me. I threatened them with the BBB and they finally let it go. Be mean to them and they will eventually back off.

10. helobuff

helobuff New Member

Gee I read this whole thread and there is some stuff ther ethat I like on sale..
    I guess the problem is that this is NOT A DISCOUNT CODE, its a merchandise credit - its probably a one time use code that someone got for buying from them.. Unless someone gives you the merchandise credit code (normally a one time use code) dont use these merchandise credits..
    Too bad too.. some stuff I like that I can really use there.. not in the ten and under dept but in the under $15 and $25.. Im glad I avoided the hassles.. I wonder if you sign up for the emails if they send you a code to use personally? That is usually the road I take unless its a regular discount code.. too bad.. I would have loved to get in on this... Oh well..

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  11. MD MOMMY

MD MOMMY New Member

Nah you didn't miss a thing, we've all had nothing but trouble with them. I'm getting collection notices..not good.

12. Cyndie

Cyndie Mommie Dearest

WTF? Glad I missed this one!!