American Express Giveaway?

Discussion in 'Free Stuff' started by leigh9090, Nov 9, 2011.

1. leigh9090

leigh9090 New Member

Hi all~

I enetered the American Express $25 giveaway but I was an hour and ten minutes late for the start.

After I put in my info it seemed like it wasn't submitting at all, the website was overloaded. No confirmation.

Today I got an email saying the giftcard was coming...

Did anyone ele have a delay like that? :dunno:

Register to remove this ad
  3. melloddie

melloddie New Member

I got my confirmation think within 5 minutes after entering.

so wow good for you then! Better late than never :)

4. brokeguy01

brokeguy01 New Member

I never got one.

5. instantkarma

instantkarma Member

I got an email confirmation within a few minutes of submitting. My husband tried with his Facebook after that and it told him they were all out of cards.

6. leigh9090

leigh9090 New Member

I was happy to see the confirmation letter.

Now if the card will just actually show up.

7. baller41124

baller41124 New Member

yes i got confirmation i was getting it also!

8. Lily2614

Lily2614 Mom to the Max

my hubby and I both got one, and yes our emails were delayed by several hours.

9. kresin

kresin Texas Bounty Hunter

I did this promotion last year, and I even marked on my calendar for the Saturday that I had the free $25 American Express promotion. The only problem is that all of my usual stores aren't small businesses! I remember checking the list of participating business and the only one I had ever purchased anything from was Ace Hardware, and I rarely go there. So I ended up not even using the free $25.

Does anyone know where they are going to spend their $25?? What do you plan to buy there?

I signed up again this year and I could use some ideas. :dunno:

10. melloddie

melloddie New Member

there are a few good eateries & restaurants that were on the list near me which we eat from quite often. Thinking of ordering food(free :yum:) from one of those places. I can only eat left over turkey for soooo many days :kekeke:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  11. where is the list??? i would like to see what stores accept it in my area.:wiggle:

12. melloddie

melloddie New Member

on FB, you can just look up "SmallBusinessSaturday"

On their page, towards bottom. You can enter your zip to get local participating places.

13. ok ty :bowdown:

14. leigh9090

leigh9090 New Member

I'd like to see the list too :)

15. received my $25.00 American express gift card today! :jump::xmasgrin:

16. crazybailey7

crazybailey7 New Member

I received mine as well and I never got a confirmation email!! Anyone know if we can use these before that day?

17. SniggleKitten

SniggleKitten New Member

It looks like it's valid anytime, now though the expiration date....Got mine today!

18. Lily2614

Lily2614 Mom to the Max

I think you can use them anywhere where american express is accepted. It doesn't say anything about having to be used at a small business.!

19. Lily2614

Lily2614 Mom to the Max

on that page that has the list of small businesses its for people trying to get the $25 credit back on there statement. There is no way they can make sure everyone uses those giftcards we got at small businesses.

20. Lily2614

Lily2614 Mom to the Max

maybe I'm just confused

21. yeah i was wondering about that.on the card it says anywhere American express in accepted.so it doesn't have to be a small business:jump: